Friday, March 28, 2014

Oatmeal Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting

Note:  Baking this cake is very safe for me.  I have no desire to eat it because I do not like coconut.  However, it makes my husband oh so happy!!

Oatmeal Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting

Ingredients:
1/2 C quick cooking oatmeal
3/4 C boiling water
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
2/3 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/4 C of shortening

Directions:

Mix the oatmeal with the boiling water, stir and cover. Mix the remaining ingredients then stir in the oatmeal mixture. Grease and flour a 9×9 pan. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes.

Coconut Pecan Frosting:
3 TBS melted butter
1/3 C brown sugar
1/2 C sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 C chopped nuts
2 TBS milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Carefully spread frosting over the top of the cake. Broil until coconut is just brown. Watch very closely – it doesn’t take long. Cool, slice and serve.

2 comments:

The JR said...

it would not be safe around us, we both eat coconut

The JR said...

ps it's Ramona

I changed my google+ id name