Friday, July 8, 2011

Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Casserole

Note:   What do you do with leftover rice?    I always make too much rice.     I worry about not have enough so I make too much.   I figure I have enough recipes like the one below that I don't worry if I have leftovers or enough.    


Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole

Ingredients

2 cups of cooked/leftover rice
3 cups of chopped broccoli, cooked
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 (10 ounce) can of cream of celery soup
1-1/2 cups of grated Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1/2 cup of Ritz crackers, crumbled
4 cups of shredded cooked chicken

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.  Spread the rice in the bottom of the pan.   Spread broccoli even over rice.    In a bowl mix together sour cream, mayo, and cream of celery soup.    Add garlic salt, pepper and cajun seasoning.    Mix well.    Add one cup of the cheese and the chicken.     Spread over the broccoli layer.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.     Add crumbled crackers and remaining cheese.     Return to oven to let crackers brown and cheese melt.   

1 comment:

The JR said...

It's been a long time since I've had a chicken, rice and broccoli casserole.

I think this is a little different than the one I made.

Sounds good.