Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Amy's Biscuit Mix

Note: I found this biscuit mix at 160 Acre Woods. It is just wonderful to mix up a bunch of batches of these and store them in the freezer for biscuits anytime you need them! Thanks, Amy!


Amy’s Biscuit Mix

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
3 teaspoons baking powered
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk powder

Directions:
Put the above ingredients in to zip lock bags (Amy usually makes 10 bags at a time.) When ready to use, heat oven to 450F. Pour mix into bowl, add 1/2 cup shortening, and 3/4 cup of water. Mix and cut into 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are light brown.

* For an extra flavor add a cup of cheese and 1/4 cup of garlic for cheesy-garlic biscuits, or roll out with some brown sugar and cinnamon for tasty cinnamon buns!

4 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Help me here because I don't make biscuits at home or bread or anything that I have to knead. So I love this because I see no kneading. When you said freeze, did you mean after you make them. Or do you freeze the bags filled with the mix and just take them out as needed. I do want to try these so please let me know. Thanks!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Me again. I think I understand better but just one clarification. If I put these ingredients into a ziploc baggie and want to freeze them for later, when I take them out of the freezer, it's not too hard? Or does it have to sit at room temp. I've never froze dough like that. Thanks.

Deanna said...

Freeze the dry mix for when you need it!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Thanks. Got your email. I was just surprised it comes out of the freezer just ready to be mixed with other ingredients. Awesome.