Note: I was tagged by Real Mom Kitchen for this meme. Part of the meme is to do a recipe. Real Mom Kitchen's meme included a recipe for orange rolls. They looked so delicious that I decided to try them. Oh, yummy! Yes, those are my hips you hear expanding.
First the recipe..
2 pkgs. yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup hot water
2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, well beaten
4-4 1/2 cups flour
Combine yeast and warm water and let sit. Combine margarine, sugar, hot water, and salt. Add to yeast mixture. Add eggs and then flour. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, remove from the refrigerator and divide into two equal balls of dough. Roll out into rectangles. Melt 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter and the rind of 1 orange. Mix. Spread over rectangles of dough. Roll dough up from long size. Cut each rectangle up into 12 pieces and put into greased muffin tins. Let rise for 3-4 hours. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Top rolls made with icing from powdered sugar and orange juice.
To see Real Mom's gorgeous photos of her rolls, click here.
Now for the tag.... 7 weird or random things about me.
1. I hate having my photo taken. I don't know how to expand on that or explain it. I just hate it.
2. I am very affected by my environment. If my house is clean, I am very motivated, but if it becomes cluttered and dirty I find my energy level getting lower and lower. Just waking up in a clean bedroom motivates me to get moving in the morning, but if I let things get out of control then I find myself getting overwhelmed.
3. I am addicted to books. VERY addicted. I cleaned off my shelves to take fiction books to my church for our library and gathered up nearly 75 books. I read books as a reviewer for a Publisher so I don't buy all of my books (thank goodness), but still, I have a ton of books.
4. I love college football. Especially Alabama football. My sister and I are nuts and when we are together we are insane. Our boys tell us: "It is just a game!" No... it is FOOTBALL! We believe there is an end zone in heaven. (Just kidding!)
5. When I was in first grade, they asked me to give a speech to all the kindergarteners telling them how great it was. One of the first things I told them was I loved the corn dogs in the cafeteria. I have always have a weird love affair with food!
6. As much as I love books, I haven't read the Twilight series. The thought of someone sucking on my neck.... *shiver*. Plus they wouldn't want to go to the beach which leads me to...
7. If someone would just give me a vacation house, I would want it to be at the beach. I think watching waves early in the morning while reading my Bible with a cup of coffee is simply hypnotic and reminds of my God.