Friday, July 16, 2010

12 Bones Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Ribs

Note:   Everyone said we had to eat at 12 Bones while we were in Asheville.   They have won all kinds of awards for their ribs... specifically their blueberry chipotle bbq ribs.     We went and gave them a try and they were as delicious as everyone said.    Good Morning America recently had a "best bites" contest and they won.    I found their recipe on the GMA website.

Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Ribs


Ingredients:
2.5 lbs. blueberries (Dole or similar quality product)
8 7oz. cans chipotle peppers
2 cups honey
2 qts. tomato bbq sauce (any brand)
1Tblsp. ginger powder

Procedure:
Puree chipotles and blueberries. Combine all ingredients and slather on ribs.   Cook!

3 comments:

The JR said...

I luv blueberries. I bet the flavor with pork really is good.

Unknown said...

Blueberry is my daughter's favorite. I'm inspired to prepare this recipe for her. We've just bought new gas barbecue accessories in an interesting gas barbecues sale within our area. My husband gave me rave gas barbecues reviews because I cooked pork ribs barbecue last night using such gas barbecue accessories. Isn't it interesting? I'm so delighted! Thanks for the useful recipe, Deanna!

Led Zec said...

Any idea how this is scaled per pound of ribs?