Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Pasta

Note:    Who can be hungry when it is so hot?  Apparently my guys.    I just don't know how.  This 105 heat has zapped all my energy and appetite, but they keep saying, "What's for lunch/supper?"     I put together a bunch of salads tonight and put them in the refrigerator so that I know the boys aren't starving, but so I don't have to actually cook.      My guys love pasta salad so I made this one up to put with the tuna salad and ham salad.    If you need me I'll be standing in front of the freezer!

Summer Pasta

Ingredients

2 packets italian dressing mix
1/2 c. vinegar
6 Tablespoons water
1 c. oil
16 oz. garden rotini pasta (cooked)
1 c. mozzarella cheese (shredded)



Directions

Mix dressing according to package using vinegar, water and oil. In a large bowl combine dressing, pasta, and cheese, and onion. Chill.

2 comments:

The JR said...

I could make a meal out of that, but hubby would grump for hours. He starves himself all day long, sometimes not eating at all.

Then he wants MEAT for supper.

Wills Kitchen said...

I also will be glad when it gets cooler we have not wanted to do anything in the kitchen that has to do with the oven . We have been eating a quick sandwich or pasta salad a lot also.