Monday, August 2, 2010

TMTT: Fruit Tea Punch

Note:   Baby, it's HOT outside!!    It is 101 in the shade and that isn't even including the heat index.     The weathermen are eating popsicles while telling people to stay inside and drink lots of water.     We are all babying our air conditioners and running fans in every room to help keep the air moving.     This fruit tea punch just sounded sooooo good.     Why?    Because it is served really COLD!
Fruit Tea Punch

Ingredients
Pineapple Juice
Pineapple Orange Banana Juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
2-3 cups of sugar
fresh pot of fresh steeped tea
2 liter ginger ale

Ingredients
While the fresh pot of tea is still pot, add the sugar and stir to completely dissolve.     Allow the tea to cool to at least room temperature.     Add the fruit juices and lemon juices.     Put in the freezer until slushy.    Put the ginger ale in the freezer at the same time so it will become slushy as well.      Open slightly before freezing so it won't explode!     When you are ready to serve mix in your serving container.    You mix 3/4 fruit juice to 1/4 ginger ale.     

It makes a lot, but won't last long on these hot August days!

Join me over at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for more heat beating recipes.

2 comments:

The JR said...

Sounds very tasty.

I thought I was going to melt into a puddle on Saturday working outside!

John Smith said...

Wow its a busy day for me doing a lot of papers works in the office, Thanks for this article give me a relief while I am reading it and I few minutes I was follow the ingredients what you post.