Saturday, July 20, 2013

7 up/Sprite/Ginger Ale Biscuits

Note:  We have been so busy this summer that family suppers have been more rare than common.   This past week I asked the boys what meals they had been craving.   Big Guy said he really wanted roast, mashed potatoes, homemade biscuits and veggies.    Last night I had everything almost ready and realized I hadn't made biscuits.   I didn't want to disappoint him but didn't want to hold up supper so I whipped up these 7 up biscuits which turned out to be ginger ale biscuits since I didn't have 7 up.   They aren't technically homemade, but they were as close as I could get in the time crunch I had.

7 up/Sprite/Ginger Ale Biscuits

Ingredients
4 cups Bisquick
1 cup sour cream
1 cup 7-up/Sprite/Ginger Ale (basically any kind of lemon-lime drink)
1/2 cup melted butter

Directions
Melt your butter in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan.   Fold sour cream into Bisquick and then add 7 up.  Just mix, but don't over mix.    Dump onto a floured surface.   Roll out to a 1 inch thickness.   Cut out and place in the butter pan.   Bake in a 425 degree oven until golden brown. 

2 comments:

The JR said...

They sound good. I love biscuits.

Unknown said...

I just made these, just halved the recipe and and used sprite instead of 7up. I also kneaded the dough with my hands and rolled it into balls. Cooked them on 450 degrees for 9 min. They were sooo good! I will definetly be making these again soon!