Monday, January 4, 2010

No Bake Oatmeal Cookie Balls

Note:    My husband LOVES no bake cookies.      I HATE them.   I hate the smell when they are cooking.    Hate the texture of them when you are eating them.      But, because I love my husband, I am willing to hold my nose and make him a batch.     I found this recipe for no bake cookie balls.    

No Bake Oatmeal Cookie Balls
adapted from allrecipes.com


Ingredients

2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup confectioners' sugar



Directions
In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar and cocoa. With clean hands, mix in the water, vanilla, butter and peanut butter to form a dough.

Wash hands, then roll the dough into balls 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Roll balls in confectioners' sugar until thickly coated.

Chill 20 minutes before serving.

6 comments:

The JR said...

I'm not much on no bake cookies either. I love the smell of the kitchen when the aroma is floating thru the air from the oven.

These remind me of some other kind of cookie/candy. I can't think of the exact name right now.

HEATHER said...

If you hate the texture of them run the oats through the blender until they are a fine powder. Seriously the nuns at our school made them constantly, but they ran the oats through the blender and all of us kiddies gobbled them down.

Deanna said...

That is a great idea, Heather! Although if the boys eat them any faster I will be in trouble.

Karin SKARA said...

May 2010 bring you health, happiness and prosperity.
Warm wishes for a wonderful 2010!
Karin //

Live.Love.Eat said...

I giggled when you said you hate the way the NO BAKE cookies smell when they are COOKING!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

Well, you SOLD me on these Deanna :)

Deanna said...

Ha! So true, Love. What I should have said is that I hate the smell of the original "no bake" cookies when they are cooking.

Karin, I am trying to stay warm. Lots of blankets and hot cocoa!! Happy New Year to you too!