Sunday, February 14, 2010

Date Night Chicken Pie

Note:   The first meal I ever cooked for my sweet hubs was this chicken pie.    (Look at how young we were.     Can you believe my tall husband fit in my tiny car?    Every time we look at this picture we can't figure out why we were in my car instead of his.)    Anyway, this chicken pie isn't anything special, but he must have liked it because we have been married for 20 years and he still requests it.

Date Night Chicken Pie

Ingredients
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 large can VegAll mixed vegetables
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk

Directions
In a large pot, put water on to boil.   Add 2 Tbsp. butter, salt, pepper and 1 tsp. garlic salt.    Add chicken and boil until tender enough to cut into bite size pieces.      In a casserole bowl, mix soups, vegetables, worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth from the chicken you just boiled.     Add chicken pieces.    Salt and pepper to taste.       In a separate bowl mix together, melted butter, flour and milk.    Pour over the top of the chicken mixture.    Bake in 350 degree oven until the crust has turned golden brown.

1 comment:

The JR said...

Sounds like a great dish for any night to me.

I linked back to your Sandwich bun post on my blog. It's posted today.

Hope ya'll had a great V'day!