Saturday, January 8, 2011

Copycat Applebee's Blonde Brownie

Note:   I love the blonde brownie from Applebee's when it is fresh and warm.   The last two times I have gone to Applebee's the brownie wasn't fresh so I got frustrated and decided to find a recipe and make it for myself.     Yummy and much cheaper too!!

Copycat Applebee's Blonde Brownie

Ingredients

2 cups Flour
1 teaspoons Baking Powder
3 /4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/4 sticks unsalted Butter (10 Tablespoons)
2 cups packed golden Brown Sugar
2 large Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup chopped Pecans

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Lightly flour and butter a 9 x 13 x 2 pan.   Sift flour into a bowl.   Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.   Melt butter.    In mixing bowl, place melted butter and add sugar, mixing well.    Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.   Add flour slowly, blending. Batter will be slightly thick.   Spread in pan.    Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans over all.    Bake for 25 − 30 minutes

Serve warm topped with ice cream.

3 comments:

Tyanne said...

i love this recipe and I also have the recipe for the maple butter sauce to top it if you want it let me know! It is my absolute fav dessert, one of the only reasons I go to applebee's!

Deanna said...

I would LOVE to have the maple butter sauce recipe!! Thank you so much!

The JR said...

I'm glad you found a substitute for their dessert.