Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chocolate Pecan Pie


Note:  How did I miss that today is National Chocolate Cake day?    It is too late for me to make a chocolate cake, but I have everything to make a chocolate pecan pie.    Plus I can share the biggest portion of it with our neighbor who LOVES pecan pie!


Chocolate Pecan Pie

Ingredients
One 9-inch (deep dish) unbaked pie shell
6-oz. (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter/margarine
2 eggs

Directions
Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar, brown sugar & flour. Blend in melted butter until smooth. Blend in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350* for 1 hour. This pie freezes well.

1 comment:

The Japanese Redneck said...

These always sound good.

My Dr. wrote me the riot act after my appt. this week. Guess I'll try to be good and stay off sweets for a while.