Monday, January 24, 2011

Copycat Snapple Lemon Iced Tea

Note:     For the 40 days leading up to our discipleship weekend, our youth pastor challenges us to fast.    He says it can be food or something that we feel we cannot do without.    Many of our students give up Facebook or texting, but this year I decided that I needed to give up carbonated drinks.   I have had quite an addiction to them and knew that giving them up would be quite a sacrifice.    During my days of fasting I started drinking Snapple Lemon Iced Tea along with my water.      It may be the best stuff on earth, but it is also the most expensive so I had to find a copycat recipe!

Copycat Snapple Lemon Iced Tea

Ingredients
8 cups water
2 Lipton tea bags
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice

Directions
Add the water to a large saucepan and place over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add the tea bags and turn off the heat. Cover the saucepan and let stand for about 2 hours.  After 2 hours, discard the teabags. Add the sugar to a 2-quart pitcher. Pour the tea into the pitcher. Add the lemon juice and give it a good stir. Refrigerate until cold or serve over ice.    Makes 2 quarts.

1 comment:

The JR said...

Glad to know you were able to find a substitute for your fast. Those bottled drinks are really too expensive these days.