Monday, September 1, 2008

Quick & Easy Beefy Taco Soup


Note: This is what I call my quick and easy family recipe for taco soup. I made up a batch of this with Gustav lurking on the horizon because I knew it would be easy to heat on the grill if we didn't have electricity.


Beefy Taco Soup

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef, browned
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (1 1/4-ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce

Directions:
Stir ingredients together; pour into a slow cooker. Heat on low setting for 6 to 8 hours; stir occasionally. Add water to thin consistency as desired.

Top each bowl with corn chips, soup ceam and a sprinkling of shredded cheese.

10 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love taco soup, and this recipe makes it so easy.

A happy heart at home said...

Easy and tasty - sounds great!

~Susan

Schotzy said...

That looks like a definite keeper! so easy and it has to be yummy!!

Nanna said...

can't go wrong with quick & yummy!
Helen

Prudy said...

What a smart woman. I never in a million years would think to heat soup on the grill, but why not? I'm glad you are doing well and being spared. Thanks for the great recipe.

From the Doghouse said...

Sounds good.

We made lasagna soup the other day; it's still good too.

Lynn said...

I make taco soup a lot. It is a great easy meal.

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy!

Deanna said...

Doghouse... lasagna soup? Now I need THAT recipe! Please??

Bohanon Family said...

WOW! Doesn't get any easier than this!!