Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Buttery Cinnabun Cake

Note: Oh my word! It is 10:30 and I have no idea what I am going to serve the boys for breakfast. I didn't need to buy groceries for the weekend since we are going to meet friends; however, I obviously didn't plan well enough since we ran out of breakfast items. Going to the store at this late hour is out of the question so I decided to bake this cake. This recipe has been on my "To Try" list for a while. I found it at Picky Palate and her recipes always look so yummy so now seems like the perfect time! Won't the boys be excited to wake up and find this waiting on them? I can hear them singing, "Mom is great! She let's us sing Cinnabun Cake." Well, that is if they were awake enough to sing in the mornings.

Buttery Cinnabun Cake

Ingredients:
3 Cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 Cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ Cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 Stick real butter, melted

2 sticks real butter, softened
1 Cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2/3 Cups nuts, optional

2 Cups powdered sugar
5 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla


Ingredients:
In an electric or stand mixer mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nuts until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.

Place powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!

P.S. I found this delicious recipe over at Picky Palette's blog.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

this sounds so yummy. I am dying to know how it tasted. Please let us know when you get a chance.