Monday, February 2, 2009

Mock Boston Cream Pies


Note: Yes, that is a Dan Marino figure on our table. My boys are huge Miami Dolphins fans so even though their team wasn't in the Super Bowl, they still wanted their team represented. I had found this recipe for mini Boston cream pies on the Southern Plate blog and knew my boys would love them. It was Little Guy's idea to put the stripes on them to make them look like footballs. Wasn't that clever? They turned out soooo cute, didn't they?


Mock Boston Cream Pies

Ingredients:
2 cans biscuits (not the flaky type)
vegetable oil
french vanilla pudding (small box)
1 1/2 cup milk
8 oz Cool Whip
1 can chocolate frosting

Directions:
Pour oil in skillet to depth of 1/2 inch. Place on medium heat and let heat up for about five minutes to make sure the oil is good and hot. Place biscuits in hot oil, turn as soon as they become brown on both sides. Remove to paper towel lined plates.

To make your filling, mix pudding and milk together. Blend well. Fold in Cool Whip. Place in icing bag with tip or you can put in ziploc bag and snip off edge. I didn't have an icing bag so I used the end of a wooden spoon to make a hole in each biscuit and them squeezed in the pudding mix with the Ziploc bag.

Spoon chocolate frosing into a bowl. Microwave until it is of glaze consistency. Dip the top of each "pie" into icing and plate on plate to serve.

1 comment:

From the Doghouse said...

I understand; I wore a Saints shirt to my Super Bowl party.