Monday, October 5, 2009

Our Favorite Chili

Note: I asked Little Guy if I could have my kitchen back because with all this cooler weather I have really been wanting some chili. After I made it I decided to make Frito Pie (recipe next).

Our Favorite Chili

Ingredients

2 lbs ground beef
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 teaspoons paprika
4 teaspoons cumin
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup chili powder
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 tablespoons masa harina flour
1/4 cup hot water

Directions

Brown beef; drain. Add tomato sauce, 2 cups water, paprika, cumin, onion flakes, garlic salt, chili powder, and ground red pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Dissolve 2 tablespoons masa into 1/4 cup hot water to make a thick, but flowable mixture. Add masa mixture to chili. Cover and simmer another 15-20 minutes.

3 comments:

The JR said...

I made chili this week too. Ours had 2 lbs. of deer meat in it.

Your recipe looks good.

Ramona

Live.Love.Eat said...

Have you ever had that spaghetti dish from Skyline Chili? My husband is a huge fan of it being from Ohio so i thought I would surprise him one day with it. I don't have a chili recipe so I can use this one and pile it on the spaghetti.

Suzann said...

I have a chili recipe that we love, but this one is a bit different, so I will have to give this one a whirl.