Monday, October 26, 2009

TMTT: German Pancakes


Note: Our homeschooling group is doing a Tour of Countries soon. We have been exploring recipes from different countries. We are in LOVE with this German pancake! It is made in a 9x13 pan which means it is super easy and really delicious!

German Pancakes

Ingredients
6-8 eggs
½ c. sugar
½ c. flour
½ c. butter, melted
½ c.- 1c. milk
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions
Preheat over 400F. Mix ingredients in order. Pour into greased 9x13 pan & bake for 20-24 minutes. Serve with berry/maple syrup or powdered sugar.

For more delicious recipes, join me at Lisa and Lana's blog: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I haven't had German pancakes in forever. I used to live in Germany when my dad was in ions ago. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Brenda said...

We like these with apples too. Yum!

The JR said...

They do look super easy. Sound really good too. I like one dish meals.

Ramona

Melissa said...

I haven't made anything like that for a long time! I've tried it with apple or peach topping, though, and it was really good! Thanks for the reminder and for sharing your recipe.

Since you're learning about German foods, you might be interested in my post for today: German potato salad.

Unknown said...

I haven't had German Pancakes before, but I like the idea.
Geri

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Wow, sounds wonderful. Great recipe to share. When I saw the name, I thought maybe it was a "family" recipe. Ha ha.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Isn't this also called Hootenannies or something? haha. I made them last year and never posted. It was definitely interesting and pretty good with some butter and syrup.