Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bread Machine Bread

Note:    I have a bread machine that I haven't been using very much.    Hubs asked me to pull it out and use it again.   He loves the smell of it baking.    I decided to surprise him and give this recipe a whirl while putting up the Christmas decorations today.

Bread Machine Bread

Ingredients:
(Put ingredients into the machine in the following order)
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup instant potato flakes
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast





Directions
Set bread machine on "dough" cycle. Once done with dough cycle, turn out onto floured surface. Knead a little then shape into 2 loaves or 24 rolls and put into greased pans. Put in warm oven with a dish towel over the pans to raise. (Before I put the pans in, I usually turn the oven on for a few minutes to warm it up, then turn the oven light on to keep it warm inside while the bread raises.) Let bread raise for about 1 hour in the oven.   When ready to bake, remove towel, leave pans in the oven, turn oven on to 325 degrees and set timer for 25 minutes. The bread will continue to rise a little while the oven is warming up.

1 comment:

The JR said...

I really need to give this one a try. I have a bread machine that I don't use because the last few times I've used the mixes they didn't turn out very well.