Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Shoney's Strawberry Pie


Note: Growing up we loved going to Shoney's Big Boy. (It used to be called that when I was growing up.) I remember seeing this guy standing in front of our Shoney's. My favorites at Shoney's were the hot fudge cake, the strawberry pie and the breakfast bar. Someone gave me the recipe for the pie a long time ago and I stuck it in a book (I have the worst habit of sticking things in books.) so when I found it I decided I better post it.

Shoney’s Strawberry Pie


Ingredients

5 tablespoons cornstarch

1 ½ cup sugar

1 – 12 oz can of 7up or Sprite

1 teaspoon red food coloring

1 baked pie shell 9 inch

1 12oz container of fresh strawberries (remove the greenery and slice)


Directions

Place the washed and sliced strawberries in the cooked pie shell. Mix the cornstarch, sugar, and add the 7up with the red food coloring. Cook over medium heat until becomes thick. Cool at least 1 to 2 hours before pouring over the strawberries in the cooked pie shell. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight to complete the setting of the pie. Cut and serve with the topping of your choice.

1 comment:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, it has 7up in it? VERY interesting!!!!!