Monday, May 18, 2009

Darn Good Chocolate Cake


Note: I have a friend who lets me know how she is doing by her cake requests. If she calls and says she needs this cake I know that she has had a really bad week and is about to fall over the edge. Friendship and Chocolate is sometimes the ultimate rescue "drug".


Darn Good Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:
1 package plain devil’s food or dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1 package (3.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
½ cup warm water
½ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips (I prefer mini chocolate chips)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable spray and set aside. Mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, warm water and oil in a large mixing bowl. Blend well. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan and smooth out the top. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until the cake just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool in the pan for about 20 minutes then invert it onto your serving platter. Best if served while warm.

**This cake stores well in the freezer, wrapped in foil, for up to 6 months.


For even more GREAT recipes, join me at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Suzann said...

Can you say chocolate coma? My hubby and daughter would love this.

From the Doghouse said...

If you order these based on how things are going, I need three.

Samantha said...

My famiy would love this, we love anything chocolate, sounds so good !
Thanks for sharing, have a blessed Tuesday.

michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by. I can't think of a better name for a chocolate cake!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I agree, this is a DARN good cake. I make this recipe, as well. Thanks Deanna.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love chocolate cake! This sounds very yummy! I always love seeing new cake mix recipes.

Live.Love.Eat said...

That's too cute about your friend. Now, do you actually make the cake for her or she just requests the recipe? Sounds awesome. I love that sour cream is in it.