Monday, May 4, 2009

Firecracker Casserole


Note: Tomorrow is Cinco De Mayo so it is always fun to make something that coincides with the holiday.

Firecracker Casserole
Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 flour tortillas
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook beef and onions until well done. Drain the grease. Add beans, chili powder, and salt. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Arrange tortillas over the top. Combine soup and tomatoes and pour over the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.


Join me at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday to find more delicious recipes!

9 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I made a very similar version of this last night. I love finding new variations. It keeps things interesting!!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Sounds delicious! I have a soup recipe that's similar. I'll have to bookmark this for later.

Brenda said...

Looks great and easy!

Hoosier Homemade said...

That looks really good and I like the name too. Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

From the Doghouse said...

I'm keeping this in mind.

Lana said...

yummo! I love anything that sounds remotely mexican!

Samantha said...

Sounds so good ! Thanks for sharing, have a blessed Tuesday.

jo@blog-diggidy said...

sounds yummy, happy tuesday! :)

Pami said...

love the name sounds really good