Monday, June 8, 2009

Southern Pecan Chicken


Note: I am lucky that my local grocery store sells pecan meal which saves me a lot of time. We love this southern pecan chicken because it satisfies our southern need for chicken without the frying!

Southern Pecan Chicken

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
4 cups ice water and ice
4 t salt
3/4 cup ground pecans
2 whole eggs
2 T milk
2 T honey
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper, course ground fresh

Directions:
Marinate the chicken breasts in iced salt water for 1/2 hour. Beat milk with honey, then add beaten eggs, salt and fresh ground pepper. Put egg wash in one shallow bowl, and pecan meal in another. Dip each chicken breast in the egg wash, then into the pecan meal and pat the meal into the breast to form a crust. Place the breasts in a shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray, and bake for 35 minutes at 375, or until the breasts are done through.


Want to find almost an entire cookbook of FREE recipes! Head over to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

10 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I've never heard of this. Sounds interesting!

Brook said...

This looks so yummy! Pecans and chicken are two of my very favorite proteins. Does the crust stick good or have you ever tried double dipping in the egg wash and pecans?

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I've made a recipe for pecan crusted chicken, but never with ground pecans. I'll have to give it a try!

mub said...

This sounds so good! Do you know how many pecans it would take to make 3/4 a cup of ground meal?

Tammy said...

I have made a version of this before and my son, the picky eater, devoured it. And how awesome is pecan meal??? I am jealous.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That does sound good!

Tracey said...

This sounds good - always looking for new ways to cook chicken!

Anonymous said...

Love the elegance of these types of dishes.

Brenda said...

I really, really want to try this. I love pecans!

annies home said...

I make this and we love it sooo goood