Monday, August 10, 2009

Mississippi Mud Cake


Note: In my opinion there is no more delicious cake than a Mississippi Mud Cake. It is rich and delicious! You can bake it at any time of year. My husband's birthday is coming up and I will probably be making it for him.

Mississippi Mud Cake

Ingredients

1 stick margarine
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 T. cocoa
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Angel Flake coconut (optional)
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 jar marshmallow creme

Icing:
1 stick margarine
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 box confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 T. vanilla

Directions

Cream margarine with sugar. Add remaining ingredients, except marshmallow creme, and beat well. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 12-inch pan; bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees. While cake is warm, spread with marshmallow creme.

Icing: Mix ingredients; spread on top of cake.



Not hungry yet? Just wait. Join me at Lisa and Lana's weekly event - Tempt My Tummy Tuesday! I think I am beginning to gain weight just reading all the delicious recipes.

6 comments:

The JR said...

This is a different version from the one I've seen. I think I like it better.
Ramona

Live.Love.Eat said...

I have always loved the name of this cake but have never made it. Your version sounds FAB!!!! Hah, saying FAB is so not me but i like it anyway. You're FAB!!!!

Connie said...

Being a Mississippi girl I love Mississippi Mud Cake!! Your recipe if different from most I've made/eaten before, too! I'll definitely give it a try!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! this sounds so YUMMY!!! I 'll have to try this soon. Geri

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

All good!!!!!!

Brenda said...

Wow, looks rich and delicious