Monday, August 3, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Note: If you go into any number of specialty shops around you can buy little bags of mixes for cheese balls like this, but it really isn't necessary when you have a recipe like this one! Perfect for inviting friends over to chat and watch a "chick flick"!


Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Ingredients
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans, chopped fine
Graham crackers


Directions

Beat cream cheese, margarine and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and brown sugar, and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Shape into a ball and roll in finely chopped pecans. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with graham crackers.

For more delicious recipes, join me over at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.   Tell Lana and Lisa I said "Hey!"



8 comments:

UnfinishedMom said...

Oh yummy. I've gotta try this one.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Hello!!! Invite me over, when you make that. I will be up for a long road trip for this cheese ball! How fun!

MadeInCanarias said...

This sounds really delicious! I will try them for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I have made this before and it is so good. My Grandkids just love it.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, that's different. At first I was unsure but then I saw graham crackers and said "whoah, yeah!"

The JR said...

What a neat idea. It would be perfect for a party.

Ramona

annies home said...

sounds like a great dessert my teens and their friends will love

SouthernGal said...

Definitely going to try this one! Thanks.

Christi @ a Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com