Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Squash and Rice Casserole

Note: I found this casserole recipe while browsing through some old cookbooks. I love squash and I am really hoping that my boys won't mind it so much when it is mixed with rice. I don't often post recipes without trying them first, but this one looks so good how could it be bad!

Squash and Rice Casserole

Ingredients
1 stick butter or margarine
2 cups minute rice
2 cups chopped squash
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup, mixed with milk to make 2 cups
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Melt butter in casserole dish. Add rice. Layer squash. Sprinkle with onions and bell pepper. Pour soup mixture on top. Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

1 comment:

The JR said...

It looks good, let us know if you try it.
Ramona