Monday, March 8, 2010

TMTT: Chocolate Rolo Cookies

Note:   We have been doing a lot of baking for sick friends lately.      Lots of friends hurting and going through so much right now.      It is tough when it feels like the only thing you can do is make a plate of cookies.    Well, that is not the only thing.    We are praying and that is no small thing.     In God's hands it will be much.

Chocolate Rolo Cookies

Ingredients
1 pkg devils food cake mix
1 egg
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Rolo candies, unwrapped
pecans, finely chopped

Directions
In a bowl, mix cake mix, egg, water and vegetable.    Scoop mix by teaspoonful and roll into balls.    Press one Rolo into the center of a cake ball and reshape the ball around the Rolo.    Press top of ball into pecan pieces.   Place uncoated side down on cookie sheet.    Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


For more ideas and recipes to share with your friends and neighbors, join me over at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

These sound delicious! I've never seen this recipe before.

Pamela Scott said...

yumm I love rolo's gonna be trying this one out thanks

Upstatemamma said...

Oh my goodness!! Yummy!! YUMMY!! I swear you people are going to make me be over 200 lbs. :)

The JR said...

Sorry your friends are having a hard time. Very sweet of you to bake them something to show how much you care.