Monday, April 27, 2009

BLT Pasta

Note: I try to keep a pasta salad in the refrigerator all the time. My boys LOVE pasta salad. The best thing about pasta salad is that if you have veggie noodles you can add whatever you have in the pantry (corn, beans, olives, pepperoni, cheese, etc...) to it and have a salad. However, when I find a great pasta salad I have to try it. I found this one at the Homesteading Housewife and it is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! Start planting those tomatoes because you will want to make this all summer long.

BLT Pasta

Ingredients:
1 (10-12 ounce) package pasta cooked and drain
1 pound (10-12 slices) bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons sugar
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup green onion, sliced
2 teaspoons chicken flavor instant bouillon
4 cups lettuce, thinly sliced
Black Pepper, freshly ground is best, to taste

Directions:
Combine mayo, lemon juice, sugar and bouillon for the dressing.
Combine all remaining ingredients -- wait until you are ready to serve before mixing in the lettuce. so it doesn't wilt. ENJOY!!





2 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

This looks wonderful!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh man, I am picturing myself in the tub with some of this pasta. Hahahah.