Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cheddar Cheese Bread

Note:   This bread is easy to make and delicious to eat.   It goes really well with spaghetti or a pasta salad.    That is if it makes it to the table after you pull it out of the oven!

Cheddar Cheese Bread

Ingredients
1 large egg
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups all-purpose flour
11/4 cups grated Cheddar cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 81/2-by-41/2-inch loaf pans.  Mix the egg, milk and butter together until combined. Whisk together the dry ingredients, then alternate adding the dry ingredients and the cheese to the wet ingredients until combined. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.

4 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

If you would have posted a picture I would have eaten my monitor.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I would love this. And I would love to make this. I can't believe I don't have any loaf pans. I used to though. Well, this is on my list! Have a great 4th.

The JR said...

Sounds great.

sutros said...

A good story

GK Chesterton: “The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.”

Voila: www.tastingtoeternity.com. This book is a poetic view of 30 of the best loved French cheeses with an additional two odes to cheese. Recipes, wine pairing, three short stories and an educational section complete the book.

From a hectic life in New York City to the peace and glories of the French countryside lead me to be the co-founder of www.fromages.com. Ten years later with the words of Pierre Androuet hammering on my brain:

“Cheese is the soul of the soil. It is the purest and most romantic link between humans and the earth.”

I took pen and paper; many reams later with the midnight oil burning Tasting to Eternity was born and self published.

I believe cheese and wine lovers should be told about this publication.

Enjoy