Monday, July 13, 2009

TMTT: Celiac Disease



Note: I normally share recipes with you for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, but I want to share with you a website that some of you may need. Recently I have discovered that quite a few of my friends are suffering with Celiac Disease. Because Celiac Disease affects 1 in 133 people, you probably know someone with this disease whether you realize it or not. So today I want to share a website that is a lifesaver for those of you with this disease.


www.betterbatter.org

This website features recipes, recent news, testimonials and even products you can buy. My friend, Kim, who has this disease told me that she tried the sandwich bread and "it's a lifesaver for someone who hasn't had bread in 3 years!"

While browsing the site I found recipes for a lot of appealing things:

Easy Chicken Parmesan
Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll Clone
Green Bean Casserole

You can follow them on Twitter Here.

For more great tips, tricks and recipes, join me at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

wow! thanks for posting this. hubby has many of these symptoms and has never been able to figure out what was wrong. we will definitely get this checked

The JR said...

I've never heard of it. Luckily I'm pretty sure I don't have it. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Ramona

SnoWhite said...

awesome! My MIL has celiac and she's visiting us this weekend -- these recipe links are great. Thanks.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Deanna, this is a great link and good info. Thanks for sharing it today.

Anonymous said...

My hubby has been eating gluten free for fifteen years and he is not suffering for it. There is so much food now available that was not around fifteen years ago.

My blog is basically gluten free so if I can be of help, please check in there. http://comfycook.wordpress.com/

There are many blogs that are excellent for those who are in need. I will be glad to email a list to anyone who needs them.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.