Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crockpot Sweet and Sour Chicken

Note: Now that I am working evenings at least night one a week, I am trying to use my crockpot to help out with supper even in the summertime! Now if I could just convince them to leave me some. Smile.

Crockpot Sweet and Sour Chicken

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt to taste
1 (15 oz) can pineapple slices (save the juice)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 cup cornstarch

Directions
Spray chicken with nonstick spray. Place chicken in crockpot and sprinkle with salt. Arrange pineapple slices over top of chicken. In a bowl, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon juice, ground ginger and cornstarch. Mix well. Pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.

Very good served with rice.

No comments: