Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baked Beans

Note:    I am not a huge fan of baked beans.   In fact, the only baked beans I will eat are these.    But these... I can eat the entire dish!

Baked Beans

Ingredients:
1 large can pork & beans
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 medium onion
1 small to medium bell pepper, chopped fine
3/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp hot sauce
1 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
bacon slices

Directions:
Mix all ingredients except bacon in a 9 x 13 inch lightly greased glass baking dish.    Lay bacon slices on top.   Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Variation:   To make this dish a "meal", add 1 -2 pounds of cooked hamburger or turkey.  

2 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

If I invent a distant relative that died, would you bring these by? Mmmm.

Tammy said...

Oh.My.Word. Delicious!