Monday, January 12, 2009

Copycat Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken

Note: I posted the copycat recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup not too long ago and Crystal asked if I had the copycat for the Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken. So I was on a mission to find one, but a good one! So, Crystal, here is one that I think you will enjoy! It received high ratings from some tough critics. Also, since this dish is $9.99 a plate at Applebee's, it is also quite a deal!

Copycat Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken fillets
1 c shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese blend
2 c crumbled tortilla chips or fried tortilla strips

Marinade:
1 c water
1/3 c teriyaki sauce
2 T lime juice
2 tsp garlic
1 tsp liquid mesquite smoke
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp lime juice

Mexi-Ranch Sauce:
1/4 c mayo
1/4 c sour cream
1 T milk
2 tsp minced tomato
1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp minced canned jalapeno slices
1 tsp minced onion
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp Tabasco
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp dried dill weed
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/8 tsp cumin
Dash garlic
Dash ground black pepper

Directions:
Combine marinade ingredients in a zip-top bag and add chicken. Seal and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight. Make the Mexi-ranch dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well until smooth, then cover and chill until needed.

When you're ready to prepare the entrée, preheat to oven to high broil. Also, preheat grill to high heat. When grill is hot, cook the chicken 3-5 minutes per side or until they're done.

Arrange grilled chicken in a baking pan. Spread a layer of Mexi-ranch dressing over each piece (you'll have plenty left over), followed by 1/4 c shredded cheese. Broil chicken for 2-3 minutes.

Spread a bed of 1/2 c tortilla strips on each plate. Top with a chicken breast and serve with rice and pico de gallo or salsa.

3 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Have you tried many of these copycat recipes? How close do they come?

Deanna said...

I am not looking for exact... just something that my family enjoys and is similar enough to cure the craving. Some of the recipes I try I never try again (either because of cost or they take too much time or taste), but a few I keep.

I like the idea of eating out because it gives me a break from cooking, but every time we eat out I think, "this is such a waste of money." That is why I have started trying copycat recipes.

Crystal said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! You are awesome. This is the only thing I ever get at Applebee's and I love it. I have all but a few of the ingredients, so I'll pick them up on my next grocery trip. I am so excited about making this! I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!