Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rotel Chicken Spaghetti

Note: This recipe makes a huge amount. When I need to take food to someone's house, this is a tried and true recipe that allows me to cook for my family and their family at the same time.

Rotel Chicken Spaghetti

Ingredients:
6 chicken breasts
3 bouillion cubes
4 Tsp. butter
1 bunch of green onions, diced
1 box of whole wheat angel hair pasta
1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot or mild - your choice)
1 large block of Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce

Directions:
Place enough water in pot to cover chicken breasts. Bring water to a boil. Add three chicken bouillion cubes, butter, green onions and chicken. Salt and pepper the water. When chicken is done, remove from water, but do not empty water. Shred the chicken and set aside. Bring water back to a boil and add Rotel tomotoes. Add angel hair pasta. When pasta is almost finished cooking turn heat down to low, add Velveeta cheese and worcestershire sauce. Stir gently until cheese is melted. Pour into greased casserole dishes and bake for 350 degrees until bubbly.

Variations: Depending on your taste, this recipe is delicious if you want to add mushrooms or sweet peas at the end of cooking.

If you aren't sharing this recipe, you can put the extras of this recipe into a Ziploc bag and freeze until you need it.

2 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I like the new background on your site. Fun, fun. I love chicken spaghetti. I usually put rotel in mine, too. I just made a huge pot of it, last week. My MIL loves it and she is "down" due to recent back surgery. She has a "delicate" stomach, so I left out the rotel, and BOY did I miss the rotel. It just gives it a good KICK!

From the Doghouse said...

this recipe is delicious if you want to add mushrooms or sweet peas at the end of cooking

You want me to COOK Sweet Pea?!?!?