Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Black Eye Pea Soup

Note: Not eating black eye peas on New Year's day is a no-no! Getting my boys to eat them is sometimes impossible. Maybe this soup I found at Blessed with Grace will be the key!

Black Eyed Pea Soup

Ingredients:
1 box Velveeta
1 pound browned ground beef ( I usually also cook a chopped onion with the meat for added flavor)
2 cans of black eyed peas
1 can pinto beans
1 can rotel
1 can stewed/diced tomotoes

Directions:
Put all in large pot and cook until cheese is melted. Don't forget to make some cornbread to add to this meal. We like cheap and easy. Jiffy cornbread is a favorite for us!!

1 comment:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

You crack me up. Good luck with the soup. We really like it. I have my supplies and will be making it, as well.