Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Morning Coffee Cake

Note:    Christmas morning is special so it should have a special breakfast.    I love that you can put this together before you go to bed and when you wake up it is ready to put into the oven.   

Christmas Morning Coffee Cake

Ingredients:
1 small box butterscotch pudding mix (not instant)
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans (optional)
1 bag frozen dinner rolls (Parker House style)

Directions:
Grease Bundt pan.   Drop frozen rolls in pan.   Sprinkle all pudding mix over rolls.   Mix remaining ingredients in a saucepan.   Bring to a boil.   Pour over rolls in Bundt pan.   Cover tightly with Saran Wrap.   Let set overnight, covered.  Next morning, uncover.   Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.   Let stand for 5 minutes.    Flip onto plate.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

This sounds easy and yummy; my two favorite things!

Beverly said...

I wanted to let you know I made this coffee cake for my family on Christmas morning and it was WONDERFUL!! I had a similar recipe using the butterscotch pudding mix but it didn't have the cinnamon mixture to pour on top. The cinnamon mixture took this coffee cake over the top!! My family loved it. They told me this recipe was a keeper. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe!