Monday, December 1, 2008

Mock Eggnog


Note: Eggnog is such a traditional drink at Christmas time. Since I do not drink it is not something I have traditionally served at our home, but when I ran across this recipe we decided to give it a try. Yummy!

Mock Eggnog

Ingredients:
2 quarts Cold Milk
1 package (3.4 oz size) Instant French Vanilla or Vanilla Pudding Mix
1/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Nutmeg -- Ground
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Additional Nutmeg, Optional

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla. In another mixing bowl, beat cream until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir into pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired.
Find more delicious recipes to add to your holiday menu at Lisa's Tempt My Tummy meme! Be sure and bring a recipe with you to share.

5 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I know that my hubby will love this. He loves eggnog.

Svr said...

I MUST make this!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

HEATHER said...

I can't get past the eggs in eggnog to even attempt to drink it, so this recipe sounds wonderful to me!

Live.Love.Eat said...

This sounds great Deanna. Eggnog is one of those things I don't love but like to drink just because it's the holiday!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

This sounds absolutely delish! We love eggnog!