Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cookbook: Screendoors and Sweet Tea


Oh, Mama! I am adding this to my Christmas wish list. Martha Hall Foose is the best kind of southern girl. Not only can she cook, but she would pour you a glass of sweet tea and tell you to grab a chair while she was cooking. She loves to chat while she cooks. She proves that with her great stories that go right along with her recipes.

And, oh my the recipes... They are right off your Mama's Sunday dinner table straight into your mouth kind of food. How about Yazoo cheese straws, Delta Hot Tamales, peach fried pies, cheese grits, ham glazed with Barq's Root Beer, Sweet Tea Pie or sweet potato biscuits? *sigh*

Is there any wonder Southern girls believe the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach?

As soon as I get this book, I plan to whip up a frosty pitcher of her blackberry lemonade and absorb this book and it's 150 recipes like a true Southern novel!

3 comments:

Tina Butler said...

I need to put this book on my wish list. I Love Southern Cooking so this book is right up my alley. the cover is so pretty.

Dr. Wifey said...

i just figured out what I am getting my Mamaw for Christmas...she loves to read cookbooks (even though she never cooks any of the recipes) haha

From the Doghouse said...

I want to hear a full review when you get it!