Friday, September 26, 2008

Copycat Orange Julius

Note: When I was growing up, the MetroCenter Mall was THE place to go. As a teen, we used to like to walk around and part of cruising the mall was to grab an Orange Julius. We could do that because we had our hands free to hold a drink... we weren't texting anybody! Ha!

Copycat Orange Julius

Ingredients:
6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
10 - 12 ice cubes

Directions:
Combine everything except the ice in the blender. Blend for about 1-2 minutes. Add ice one cube at a time. Serve in chilled glasses. Yum.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna, this is a WONDERFULMOUS thing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Orange Julius and have missed those things like crazy! I'll be making some this weekend -- if I can remember where the blender is!

Dr. Wifey said...

i will have to make this for hubby! he loves orange julius

Carrie said...

I'm with Willow--I have a love affair with Orange Julius! Whenever I see them, I MUST have one!

Yummmmmm...

From the Doghouse said...

Orange Julius ROCKS THE HOUSE!!!

Unknown said...

HA! Whenever I walked past that store I wanted a drink but I don't think I ever got one. Do you remember Mr. Bulky! That was THE place. My mom made this recipe one day for my kindergarten class...it was THE best!