Monday, September 8, 2008

Julep's Catfish Tacos

Note: We enjoy eating at Julep's restaurant. They gave us their recipe for Catfish Tacos when we were doing a cookbook for my son's school. We love this dish and hope you do too. Honey, don't you think it is time for a lunch date? I hear Julep's calling our name!

Catfish Tacos
Ingredients:
2 (8 oz.) catfish fillets
2 cup cornmeal (seasoned to taste)
2 jalapeno-cheddar tortillas
2 Tbsp remoulade sauce
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
1 whole onion
4 eggs
1 cup flour

Directions:
In hot skillet with small amount of olive oil (enough to coat of pan), add onions and immediately reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes or until dark brown. Once finished cooking, fold in cheese until melted. Blacken catfish. Put caramelized onion mixture in middle or tortilla. Place 1 tablespoon remoulade sauce on each tortilla, spread evenly. Place catfish filet on tortilla. Tuck sides of tortilla and roll. (Add remoulade sauce to edges to help edges stick.)

For more great Tempt My Tummy Recipes go to Blessed with Grace.   

7 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

i keep hearing about fish tacos, but i just don't know. maybe i will try some one day

lynettebm said...

I've never had catfish in my life. But I like tacos. I just might try this when I get back to the States (can't get catfish in the Middle East). ;-)

Live.Love.Eat said...

This sounds good. Where does the flour come in? Do you coat the catfish with it when you blacken it? I don't make catfish ever but would love to try this.

We had some more of the chess squares last night. Perfect out of the microwave after 8-10 seconds.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

First of all, neat that the restaurant shared the recipe. So, even better that you are sharing it with us! We love tacos at this house.

Lisa Cobler said...

I love catfish so this looks interesting.

A happy heart at home said...

Sounds good! I love fish! It's been a long time since I had catfish.

~Susan

Unknown said...

Never been to Julep (I know!) but have had tilapia taco when I was in Houston for a test. It was really good!