Monday, September 15, 2008

Sausage Cheese Balls


Note: This is one of the many items which I make and freeze for quick and easy school morning breakfasts!

Sausage Cheese Balls

Ingredients:
1 pound hot breakfast sausage
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups baking mix

Directions:
Mix ingredients in a food processor or stand mixer, mixing well. Chill one hour. Roll into balls and place on tray.

* Place in freezer. After they have frozen, place them in a zip-top freezer bag. When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place on a baking sheet, and bake 20-25 minutes.

*If you did not want to freeze to bake later, bake at this time but only for 15-20 minutes.
As always, go visit Lisa for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday Recipes. It is a great way to add variety to your menu! While you are at it, why don't you join us? Every Tuesday!

10 comments:

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Great idea! Nice to have stuff on hand like that!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Yummy. Love these!

Lana said...

I LOVE these. I find myself selfishly NOT wanting to take them to Sunday School when I have purposely made them to do so....I really want to hide in my room and eat them all myself!

A happy heart at home said...

Mmmm - these sound tasty!

~Susan

Dr. Wifey said...

LOVE sausage balls too! my Mamaw always makes a ginormous batch around Christmas -- girl, you are making me homesick! :)

lynettebm said...

Quick and easy! I like that! When you say baking mix do you mean like Bisquick?

Hansen Family said...

We have these every Thanksgiving. We dip them in sweet and sour sauce and they are delish!

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm...these sound wonderful! So simple too! Thanks for sharing!

Deanna said...

Yes, just Bisquick!

Lisa Cobler said...

Sounds yummy!