Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Olive Hummus

Note: While the boys are in school and the hubs is at work, I like to have a lunch of something that they wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Enter this recipe for olive hummus!


Olive Hummus


Ingredients:

1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

2 T. tahini (this is just a paste of sesame seeds)

2T. olive oil

2 T. lemon juice

1/2 C. pitted olives

pinch of salt

fresh ground pepper to taste



Directions:
Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth, scraping the bowl down occasionally. The hummus can be thinned with water if necessary. All amounts can and should be adjusted to suit your own taste!

Serve drizzled with a bit of olive oil and a sprinkling of chopped olives, if desired. Serve with pita, crackers, corn chips or it can be used as a sandwich spread.

5 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

i love hummus! thanks for the recipe

From the Doghouse said...

I'll have to try it before I give an opinion.

Carrie said...

No garlic??? Sacrilege!!!

hehe I love hummus and so does my midget! I didn't think she'd like it, but I gave her some anyway. She then promptly screamed for more!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

You are so creative. I don't know where you come up with all these recipes.

I gave you a Beautiful Blogger award, at my site. Thanks for being faithful with TMTT.

Anonymous said...

hi deanna!!! i LOVE hummus! its my favorite thing to snack on! yum!