Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pantry Pasta Salad

Note: I used to buy those boxed pasta salad mixes, but then realized one night that I could make a huge batch really inexpensively. The boys love just grabbing whatever we have in the pantry and making something new everytime which is how we came up with the name.



Pantry Pasta Salad



Ingredients:

1 box garden rotini

Your choice (use as many or as little as you like):

1 can of sliced olives

1 can of shoe peg corn

1 can of black beans

1 can of mixed vegetables

Fresh garden vegetables - tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, squash, etc...

Meat of your choice - shredded chicken, tuna, taco meat (whatever leftovers you may have or nothing at all)



Seasoning:

1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch seasoning mix

1/2 cup oil

1/2 cup vinegar



Directions:

Stir ingredients for seasoning together and refrigerate. Boil rotini noodles and drain. Add your choice of pasta ingredients. Pour seasoning mix over pasta salad and toss. Serve or refrigerator until ready to serve.

3 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

My wife does something similar; it's awesome. Unfortunately, the kids won't go anywhere near it.

But it does leave more for us.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I like this idea with the Hidden Valley packet. I don't buy those ever but maybe I should. Do you like it better than the bottled Italian dressings because I have made pasta salad with those but hubby doesn't usually like it and I don't really love it either. Let me know your thoughts because I will keep these packets in my house then if they're better!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh I am glad I checked back here. I know sometimes you comment within your comments and I don't usually come back to where I left a comment to check if there was a response. Thanks.