Thursday, July 31, 2008

Deviled Eggs



Note: In the south, there is no such thing as a picnic, a church potluck or a holiday without deviled eggs. It's just not done, ya'll. Being a southern girl means they must be served whether anybody eats them or not!

Deviled Eggs
Ingredients:
12 hard cooked eggs, cut in half
6 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. bacon chopped fine
3/8 tsp. paprika
Directions:
Remove yolk from egg whites using teaspoon. Press yolks through sieve with back of spoon or mash with fork in medium bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and bacon; mix well.
Spoon mixture into egg whites. Arrange on serving platter and sprinkle with paprika.
Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so so bad. It's 8:23 in the morning and you've got me salivating for deviled eggs! Those look like my mom's, which I have never been able to duplicate, so I've gotta try 'em. My mama was a HORRIBLE cook (that's where I got it from!) but she did 2 things GREAT: Deviled eggs and the fluffiest scrambled eggs you could ever put in your mouth!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hmmmmm....my MIL makes these. She's a true southern gal and we rely on her to always bring these along.