Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Taco Pie

Note: I always seem to have mashed potatoes left over when I make them and this is the recipe I found to make good use of them. The potatoes make the shell for this pie.

Taco Pie

Ingredients:
2 cups mashed potatoes
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 package taco seasoning
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1/2 cup taco sauce
1/4 cup water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine potatoes, milk, butter and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix in bowl. Press over bottom and sides of 10 inch pie plate to form a shell. Brown ground beef and onion in skillet. Drain well. Add remaining taco seasoning, beans, taco sauce and water; mix well. Spoon into potato shell. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.

3 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

When I first saw the title, I thought "Oh, I know about taco pie." But I've never seen this version; I'll definitely have to give it a shot. Thanks!

Live.Love.Eat said...

True, this is very unique & I've never made anything quite like this either. It would be nice to try!

Jenny said...

Deanna,
This sounds great! I love taco pie, I am loving all of your recipes!