Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fruity Chicken Salad

Note: I developed my love of chicken salad from my friend, Sheri. She taught me how to make it the best way. I measure all others by hers.

Fruity Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, bone-in or boneless
1 stalk of celery, thinly sliced
2 cup red seedless grapes, quartered
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup margarine (to toast the pecans)
1 to 1 1/2 cup Blue Plate mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper to taste
Croissants

Directions:
Boil the chicken breasts for 30 minutes or until tender; chop. Toast the pecans by placing them on a cookie sheet with 1/4 cup of margarine. Bake at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally, until teh margarine is absorbed and the pecans are crisp. Mix all ingredients together. Chill for several hours and serve on croissants.

No comments: