Friday, July 4, 2008

Food and Freedom

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13

You know what amazes me about living in America? Planning for our July 4th day celebration is as simple as...

Opening the crisper, grabbing up all the veggies, slicing them up and seasoning them with lemon and pepper...


Chopping a roast into kbob size pieces and marinating it in McCormick's meat marinade and Italian dressing overnight...


Grabbing a package of sausage, chopping it into sections and throwing it onto a plate...


Finding a few chicken breasts, defrosting them, baking them for a while to cut down on the grilling time. (Because after grilling them, we will be smothering them with BBQ sauce, topping them with some leftover ham and swiss cheese and calling it Smoky Mtn. Chicken....

But that isn't what is amazing. What is amazing is that we pulled ALL of that food out of refrigerator without having to go to the grocery store. That much food.

Today on July 4th, among all of the others, I am thankful for that freedom. With the ever increasing gas, food, house, school, and many other prices.... I am glad that I am able to feed my family and friends today out of our abundance.

Praise God from whom ALL blessings/freedoms flow!

1 comment:

From the Doghouse said...

That's awesome - and now I'm hungry!