Monday, August 11, 2008

Bacon Wrapped Bread Sticks


Note: My boys LOVE these and with football season about to start I'll be using this recipe more and more.

Bacon Wrapped Bread Sticks

Ingredients:

1 cup grated Parmesan

2 teaspoons garlic salt or powder

12 slices bacon 24 (4 1/2-inch) long sesame breadsticks (1 package)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan with garlic salt and set aside. Cut the bacon slices in half so they are approximately 5-inches long. Wrap each bread stick with 1 slice of bacon, starting at 1 end and ending at the other. Place wrapped bread sticks on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 15 minutes or until bacon is browned. Remove from oven and immediately roll bread sticks in cheese mixture. Let cool and serve at room temperature.
Thank you, Paula Deen!

5 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

YUMMO! Hubby already wants me to make them. Thanks for sharing.

From the Doghouse said...

I think I could eat these forever. They go on the "have to try" list.

Schotzy said...

My sil would go ballistic for these! Goodness!

Carrie said...

oh. my. goodness.... those look amazing!!

Prudy said...

Oh, what could be wrong with bacon on bread. They look heavenly.