Friday, August 15, 2008

Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Note: Hubs doesn't like ketchup, but he likes meatloaf. That is kind of like an oxymoron isn't it? Even so, I want to make hubs happy so I went on a quest to find a meatloaf that he would really enjoy that didn't require ketchup. Paula Deen to the rescue!

Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon House Seasoning (garlic powder, black pepper, and salt mix)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 cup grated Cheddar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup crushed crackers (recommended: Ritz)
1 teaspoon seasoned salt (recommended: Lawry's)
2 slices white bread
Sauce, recipe follows

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients together, except the bread slices and Sauce. Shape into a loaf. Line a 1 1/2-quart loaf pan with the bread slices. Place meatloaf on top. Bake loaf for 45 minutes. The bread absorbs the grease and should be discarded after loaf is removed from oven.

Paula's recipe calls for a sauce to be put over the top, but I don't put this on mine. If want the full recipe including the sauce just click on the link at the top.

3 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

OK, I'm fully intrigued.

Unknown said...

Yummy! I love cheeseburgers and I love meatloaf - this should be great!

Sissy said...

This looks like such an awesome recipe. I might have to try it out. We love meatloaf in this house and I am always up for trying something a little different.