Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Swirl Bread Pudding

Note: One of my favorite desserts is a GOOD bread pudding. I found this recipe at Picky Palate's blog. It has everything you could want in a bread pudding. It is easy, delicious and is served in individual servings.     My boys devoured this and I took it home to my parents and they enjoyed it too.   

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Swirl Bread Pudding with A Sweet Maple Drizzle

Ingredients:
1 lb loaf Cinnamon Swirl Bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
½ Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 Cups 1% low fat milk
3 large eggs
½ Cup sugar
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
Pinch of salt
½ Cup powdered sugar
2 ½ Tablespoons
1% low fat milk
1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bread cubes and chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl. In a medium bowl whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, brown sugar and salt. Pour over bread cubes. Stir to combine.
2. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and spoon bread pudding mixture evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center of pudding. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and syrup until well combined. Drizzle over bread pudding and serve warm. Enjoy!

9 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Bread pudding; it's what's for breakfast!

Sharon said...

Wowwwwww that looks so nummy!
I am always making bread pudding for church, yep I must try this one. They have been hooked on the pineapple-raisin one, time for something new... woohhooo thank you! :)
Blessings
Sharon

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, this looks great. I have never made anything like this. I am going to print it out and maybe try it this weekend.

Runner Girl said...

What a truly delightful blog...and yummy recipe! I just prayed this very night, "Lord, help me feel alive again...help me fall in love with cooking all over again!" I had such high hopes, once upon a time. And sadly, they have slipped away, but I have hope again...I found your blog!

Thanks for stopping by hokey pokey, and YES!!!!, Rosemary Beach will forever spoil any beach vacation you ever intend to have again!

Looking forward to loving cooking again with you!

Patty Young said...

Hi Deanna, I just added your URL to the "Cook It. Blog It!" blogroll. Thank you so much for joining us! You have a delightful blog and your recipes are great!! Looking forward to seeing more, more, more!

patty

Live.Love.Eat said...

Deanna, I printed this out in hopes to make it this weekend. I'm sure we won't eat every last one right away so what are your thoughts on the warm dressing. Should I just do them all and then keep them covered at room temp?

Deanna said...

Doghouse - I could definitely eat this for breakfast!

Sharon -- OOOOH! A Pineapple-Raisin one. That sounds really good too.

Kimberley - What a sweet thing to say! My love of cooking is only out of love for my boys. I love to see their faces around the table when we eat.

Patty - Glad to be a part of the group!

Love - I kept my leftovers in the fridge and kept my syrup in a little container in the fridge as well to warm as I needed it.

Live.Love.Eat said...

great, thanks. I will make them then.

Jenny said...

Deanna,
So glad you enjoyed this bread pudding! It is officially one of my favorite recipes!! Thanks for thinking so much of it to post it on your own blog! Have a great day!